I figure I'm about half done, not including the edging. So yeah, I best get a move on. I got the pattern from the stitch-ionary in the Encyclopedia of crochet. It's pretty but one side turns kind of funny and leave a little ruffle whereas the other side is even. I tried to alter the pattern, but it didn't work out right. Seamstrix Art (who truly deserves the label of "she who hasn't posted in like, ever" over me), in her wisdom advised me that it won't even show once the edging is on.
And I believe she is right. :) Oh, if you notice the afghan in the background, well my great-grandma made that one. Teensy tinsy little squares - I can't figure out the pattern. That woman had patience! I have some old quilts she made by hand too, though they are too worn and fragile for display. They live inside the cedar chest which is protected by Nana's afghan. I have some of her quilt squares as well, which will eventually go into a quilt of my own making.
Well, gee I guess I'd better get to cleaning the kitchen. DH and his dad put in the ventilation fan last night and there's only a few things left to do. I'll make a list, since I love to make lists:
- Touch up paint around new door
- Touch up paint on cabinets
- Paint and install pantry door
- Buy and install shelf for over stove
- Buy and install replacement thingie for stove (alas, when installing the fan a large piece of plaster fell on it and dented it...my brand new stove! Luckily its a replaceable part)
- Alter the curtains so they fit better cafe style, and maybe add some cute trim
- Cushions for the kitchen chairs?