Bathroom Before (several before pics are available in previous posts):
I'm pleased how our little face lift came out. What we did:
- ripped out old shower doors & replaced with a vintage style l-shaped curtain rod
- repaired water damaged plaster
- replaced window
- sanded and painted all the woodwork & cabinet white
- repainted the walls to cover the institutional blue
- replaced the toilet with a new low flow model
- replaced the rotting mirror on the medicine cabinet
- replaced light fixture
- added beadboard
Still left to do:
- paint hall-side of door and reinstall vintage doorknob
- touch up of green paint
- paint new base under cabinet
- add robe hooks and large towel bar
- window treatment
- hem second shower curtain to complete the "surround"
- hang some artwork
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I love taking pictures of flowers, and with our new (to us) digital SLR camera, they come out sooo much better then with my old point and click!
On a less bright note, we have a hearty infestation of gray aphids. I've been pulling certain things that are crawling when I see them and hosing the rest with strong streams of water. And hoping that when I clear all the beds that they won't immediately return.