Thursday, July 10, 2008

Infestation!

My backyard has a terrible infestation of white flies! :( I noticed some on the nasturtium and the geraniums a few days back and have been meaning to take care of them. All of a sudden they have infiltrated everything, and I mean *everything*. OMG. My organic gardening pest control book suggests sticky traps, insecticidal soap or garlic oil. It calls for predatory wasps and beetles inside greenhouses, but I don't think those will work outside! I plan on taking a trip to OSH and the closest nursery to my work to check it out. My friend who has indoor organic gardening experience suggested something called "don't bug me". So maybe I'll pick some of that up!

It feels dirty somehow, to be so infested!

2 comments:

Gypsy Junk Knits said...

H'm "indoor organic gardening experience" you say...

Contrary Colleen said...

you know, like tomoatoes in a greenhouse and houseplants and such. :) What were you thinking??