Monday, March 31, 2008

I grow weary of killing....


...seedlings! I killed some more, this time because they were too wet rather then too dry. And those that weren't dead were doing nothing. So I planted them all outside. Perhaps I will pay for my hastiness, perhaps not. I also picked up a handful of other plants at OSH. Altogether I planted: corn, beans, zucchini, basil, oregano, chives, onions, echinacea, sunflowers, cilantro, thai dragon peppers, jalepeno peppers, another tomato plant (compliments of the local real estate agent, they left it on our porch), and of course...the hops (DH planted those)! I also planted in the border bed an iris plant that had been sitting in a plastic pot for several years. All the plants that I planted a couple weeks ago are definately getting bigger and happier. And the dogs look pretty happy, don't you think? They are chewing on rocks...their favorite.


We didn't get everything done on the to-do list, but still a nice dent in it. The big pile of dirt is almost gone. We built up the back border bed and then I mulched the shit out of it to help keep the weeds down. I need another couple of bags of mulch though, I had to spread it pretty light. Hubby's parents are re-doing their raised beds and walkways and will have a bunch of leftover landscaping cloth when they are done. So we can't really do the gravel in the walkways until they give us that. Sweet of them, we've been spending so much lately that it will be nice to have one less thing to buy.


Other then working in the yard over the weekend, I did quite a bit of housework, and hung out quite a bit with friends. Cheapskate had a show on Friday night at some punk rock squat house which was fun. We were all joking around about how old we felt compared to the youngsters in attendance. Being in that atmosphere brought back some interesting memories of the old party days, especially of our wild parties we used to have at the Probe House. Ah youth....

1 comment:

Rachel Bradley said...

Happy looking doggies and a happy looking garden. Sorry to hear about your seedling's untimely demise. It'll look even more fabulous once you get that gravel in.