Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yellow things

Daffodils....

Sunrises...
(btw...don't you totally want to go where this pic was taken??)

Lemons....


And then there is.......my spare bedroom...


It looks pretty good in the above picture...but check out how it glows in the morning sun:



It almost reminds me of...dare I say it....(*insert here my best Deathklok death metal voice*) GRANDMA'S KITCHEN!!!!
LOL. So the yellow is slightly brighter then it looked on the paint chip. I'm not by any means afraid of color (as they would say on HGTV), but I do tend to forget that paint looks a shade or two darker on the wall then it does on the chip. DH was like, "DAMN, that's yellow!. Heh. I think onces it's done and all the stuff is back in it, and the trim is painted and there's window treatments then it will look fine. And if not, that's the beauty of painting. I can simply paint it a different color.
I've always wanted a yellow room! When I was a wee lass, around the age of 12 I got to move into a different room in our house - a cooler room, with pretty white lace curtains and accross the house from my parents and brother. It was like freedom...AND I got to paint it whatever color I wanted. I strongly toyed with yellow, but ended up going with light blue (blue is still a favored color of mine for bedrooms). But now at last I have my yellow room. Hopefully it won't blind me when I'm trying to sew in there.

2 comments:

Rachel Bradley said...

Heh, try having a lemon yellow house. Actually, I like most shades of yellow including the one you chose for your room. I do think that adding some crown molding might give it just the right touch though.

Contrary Colleen said...

I like yellow houses! Ahhh crown molding! I want it through the entire house. Joe has mastered baseboards and I'm trying to convince him to try his hand at the molding. This would be a perfect learning room as it's small and out of the way.